Product Liability: Dangerous and Defective Products
We use products and devices every day, trusting that the manufacturers have followed proper procedures in testing, manufacturing, and quality assurance. These products, however, can cause serious injury or even wrongful death if they backfire or perform in unexpected ways. If you have been injured due to a poorly designed or manufactured product, you can seek compensation from the company that sold or made the product.
At Jacobs & Jacobs, we are committed to holding manufacturers and retailers responsible for the dangerous products through product liability lawsuits. Victims need compensation for their injuries, and manufacturers and retailers must receive a strong message that there is a heavy price to pay for endangering the public with defective products. To learn more about how we can help, please call Jacobs & Jacobs at 203-777-2300.
How Jacobs & Jacobs Handles Product LiabilityCases
Whatever the nature of the product, our firm is equipped to pursue the case, investigating the details of the injury, and obtaining compensation to cover pain and loss. These lawsuits help to make the public safer by demanding responsibility from companies that endanger consumers.
Defective products cause injuries in many ways:
- Dangerous factory equipment: While most workplace injuries are covered by workers' compensation, workers can also seek compensation from manufacturers of the equipment that caused the injury.
- Defective auto parts: Many car accidents are caused by defects in a car involved in the crash. This can include brake failure, design flaws that cause instability in turns, defective tires, dangerous air bags, computer problems, a frame that collapses, and other significant design flaws.
- Dangerous food products: Unsafe packaging or storage of food products can severely harm those who buy and eat the food. Also, foreign objects in the food can cause significant harm.
- Defective toys: Defective toys can put young children in danger, especially if toy parts are improperly manufactured.
- Dangerous and defective drugs: Over-the-counter and prescription drugs can cause serious or fatal injuries.
If you or a loved one think you are the victim of a dangerous or defective product, call Jacobs & Jacobs at 203-777-2300 or contact us online to discuss your situation.