We have the experience, knowledge, and financial resources to pursue cases involving surgical errors. Our attorneys have access to medical experts throughout the country who can offer expert opinions on surgical errors.
- Failure to identify and protect critical structures: The wrong surgical incision can mean a severed nerve, a perforated organ, or a damaged artery. Failing to employ the proper skill is a surgical error that can mean serious injury or death for a patient.
- Failure to explain the risks: Every patient should understand the risks going into surgery. The surgeon has a responsibility to discuss the possible results and possible alternatives to surgery.
- Operating on the wrong body part: When the wrong foot is amputated or the wrong breast removed, the resulting injury to the patient is emotionally and physically devastating.
- Failure to supervise: Experience is vital to a successful surgery. When inexperienced doctors operate, there should be adequate supervision of the procedure. Failure to supervise is a surgical error and a hospital error.
- Unnecessary surgery: Was the surgery necessary? All surgery carries some risk, so doctors need to be sure the surgery was the best course of action. Misdiagnosis can lead to unnecessary surgery.
You are welcome to call or e-mail our law firm to talk about medical malpractice injuries caused by surgical errors. If you cannot come to the office, we will come to your hospital room or home. We want to help you and your family through this.