Truck accidents often require complex investigations to determine the exact cause and to identity the responsible parties. Our personal injury attorneys know how to investigate, when to bring in experts, and how to obtain the compensation required for catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.
In truck accidents, how the accident happened may be a source of confusion as the case progresses. Our lawyers begin an investigation right away, using accident reconstruction experts when necessary. In many 18-wheeler accidents, we consult with truck accident experts who investigate the circumstances surrounding the accident. Was the driver on the road too long? Were any regulations violated? Were visibility rules followed?
Accidents involving trucks often have one or more of the following issues:
- Delivery Truck Accidents
- Driver Fatigue
- Drugs and Alcohol Abuse
- Failure to Maintain Truck
- Inadequate Lighting
- Unbalanced or Unsecured Load
Insurance companies will want to settle quickly following a truck accident. However, they may not have your best interests in mind when offering you a settlement. We can evaluate your case and help ensure that you are being treated fairly.
Causes of truck accidents:
- Driver error: Truck drivers are under constant pressure to make unreasonable deadlines by trucking companies. Careless driving, speeding, driver fatigue and driving under the influence are often the consequences of these demands placed upon drivers.
- Poor maintenance: Defective or worn parts can malfunction and lead to serious truck accidents. For example, tire blowouts or brake failure can result in a driver losing control and wreaking havoc on the vehicles and pedestrians around them.
- Trucking company liability: Trucking companies are responsible for not only maintaining their vehicles and ensuring proper loading, but for adequately training their drivers. When these factors are overlooked, disaster can strike.
You are welcome to call 866-668-7179 or e-mail our law firm to discuss your semi crash injuries or a loved one’s wrongful death. If you cannot come to the office, we will come to your hospital room or home. We want to help you and your family through this.