Medication errors can lead to serious injuries, illness, or death. If you or a loved one were harmed as a result of a medication or prescription error, we strongly urge you to have your case reviewed by a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer at Jacobs & Jacobs.
How Jacobs & Jacobs Handles Medication Error Cases
In a case where someone was injured or killed because of medication errors, there are many potentially liable parties, including:
- The prescribing physician: He or she may have failed to check for allergic reactions, may have prescribed the wrong drug, may have written a prescription for the wrong amount of the drug, or may have failed to communicate special instructions to administering nurses
- The pharmacist and/or pharmacy: Those dispensing the medication could be responsible for delivering the wrong medication or failing to screen or give clear dosage instructions.
- A hospital, nursing home and/or nurse responsible for administering an overdose or a wrong medication
- An anesthesiologist responsible for delivering correct amounts of anesthesia during surgery
- A pharmaceutical manufacturer that knowingly put consumers at risk with a defective drug
Call 203-777-2300 or email our law firm to discuss your injuries or a loved one's wrongful death due to medication errors. We fight for the results you deserve.