Allison R. Jacobs
Allison has been with the Jacobs & Jacobs team since 2013 following her graduation with honors from Quinnipiac University School of Law. She also earned a Certificate of Concentration in Health Law.
Allison began her legal experience with an undergraduate internship at the New York State Division of Human Rights, working with victims of discrimination. She continued her public interest work with an internship at New Haven Legal Assistance, working in the Child and Youth Advocacy Project with children who were victims of abuse and neglect.
In law school, Allison earned awards for distinguished performance in Environmental Law and Food & Drug Law and was the 2012 recipient of the Oaklawn Scholarship for academic excellence.
Before joining Jacobs & Jacobs, Allison served as a Temporary Assistant Clerk in Family Matters at the Superior Court in New Haven for the Honorable James G. Kenefick, Jr.. Allison is the co-founder of the New Haven Bar Association's LGBT committee and is also currently the co-chair.
Allison's unique experiences ranging from visual arts and marketing, public service law, family law, and health and injury law, have made her a passionate, well-rounded, and creative advocate.
- Connecticut, 2013
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
JD cum laude - 2013
- Alfred University, Alfred, New York
BFA cum laude - 2004
Honors and Awards
- Phi Delta Phi Honor Society
- Health Law Concentration Certificate from Quinnipiac University School of Law, 2013
- Oaklawn Scholarship for academic performance from Quinnipiac University School of Law, 2012
- Distinguished Scholar Award for Food and Drug Law from Quinnipiac University School of Law, 2012
- Distinguished Scholar Award for Environmental Law from Quinnipiac University School of Law, 2011
- Daniel J. Murphy II Memorial Award for Creativity from Alfred University, 2004