Steven D. Jacobs
For Steve Jacobs, the practice of law is a way of life. His heritage—Steve is the son, grandson, and nephew of lawyers—got him there. His commitment and drive have kept him there.
Over the course of nearly 30 years, Steve has helped hundreds of injured people obtain the fair compensation they deserve. Steve understands that paving the road to recovery requires not only effective trial advocacy but also compassion and empathy; one must truly know the client's suffering to effectively advocate for a remedy.
Clients appreciate the skill with which he and with his experienced staff handle personal injury, medical malpractice, and workers' compensation cases. Steve is also an effective appellate advocate.
Steve is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association, the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, the New Haven County Bar Association, and the American Association for Justice. He has given numerous seminars on topics of personal injury and workers' compensation law. He serves as a factfinder/arbitrator for the Connecticut Superior Court and as a Special Master in the United States District Court. Steven currently serves on the board of directors of the Foundation of the New Haven County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Workers’ Compensation
- Connecticut, 1985
- Illinois, 1994
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit, 1990
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
JD - 1985
- Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut
BA - 1980
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, 1985 - Present
- Connecticut Trial Lawyer Association, 1985 - Present
- New Haven County Bar Association, 1985 - Present
- American Association for Justice
- Illinois Bar Association, 1996 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Special Master, U.S.D.C. Connecticut, 1996 - Present
- Arbitrator, Connecticut Supreme Court, 2000 - Present