Do I Have a Case?
This could happen to you: You are injured in an accident. You get a call from the insurance adjuster representing the other side. The adjuster assures you that the insurance company is ready to settle, and that you don't need a lawyer. What do you do?
The first thing you should do is consult a lawyer. At Jacobs & Jacobs, initial telephone and office consultations are free. And, if you decide to hire us, you don’t pay our fee until you have compensation from the other side.
When you have a lawyer, you have someone on your side—an attorney who will represent you, explain your rights, and give you sound professional advice. In many cases, your attorney may be able to help you recover more than the insurance company offers.
There are risks if you do not consult a lawyer:
- The insurance company will do a prompt and thorough investigation before witnesses and evidence disappear. Without an attorney, you won't have the knowledge and resources to build your best case.
- The insurance company knows the laws that apply to your case. You should consult with an attorney who knows the law that relates to your case.
- The insurance company can take a statement from you that is incomplete or misleading. Your attorney will represent you when dealing with an insurance company.
- The insurance company knows the true settlement value of your case. Your attorney who specializes in injury cases also knows how much your case is worth.
- The insurance company has unlimited financial resources. You don't, but your attorney will have the resources to mount your case.
- The insurance company may mislead you about the merits or value of your case. Your attorney will give you an accurate appraisal of the value of your claim.
Here's what Jacobs & Jacobs clients say about their case results.
Trust your injury claim to a law firm that has been helping people in Connecticut for nearly 100 years. Talk to a personal injury lawyer at Jacobs & Jacobs. Call us at 203-777-7700 or contact us online for a free consultation.