Catastrophic injuries happen in a variety of ways. These injuries can create painful and long-lasting problems that can severely impact your life.
In addition to the first-line medical costs, such as operations and hospital stays, there are many other financial consequences of catastrophic injuries, including:
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation: From physical therapy to occupational therapy, rehabilitation is an expensive and lengthy journey. Often the individual must buy equipment such as prosthetics and wheelchairs and make upgrades to home structures because of the injury.
- Life-care planning: If the individual is injured severely enough, the family may have to plan for how to finance years or even decades of care. We work with life-care planners to fully assess the future financial requirements.
How Jacobs & Jacobs Handles Catastrophic Injury Cases
At Jacobs & Jacobs, we seek financial compensation necessary to provide our clients the best possible quality of life. Our firm routinely represents clients suffering from severe injuries, such as:
- Spinal damage: From slipped disks to paralysis, our attorneys help clients with all types of spinal injuries and nerve damage.
- Head injuries: Injuries to the brain can vary from mild head injuries to serious traumatic brain injuries. We can help you assess the impact and long-term costs of your injuries so we can pursue the full compensation you need after an accident.
- Burn injuries: Whether you were injured by a chemical, in a fire, or in an electrical accident, our attorneys can help you bring a claim for your burn injuries.
- Amputation injuries: Losing a limb or one or more fingers or toes can have a serious impact on your future. We have experience handling these types of claims.
- Broken bones and sprains: Our attorneys are experienced in all types of injuries to limbs and joints, including cases involving fractures, sprains, and other injuries.
Our attorneys and staff help each client through the process of financially planning with the assets provided from a settlement or verdict. Please call Jacobs & Jacobs at 203-777-2300 to discuss your injuries or a loved one's catastrophic injuries. We fight for the results you deserve.